Anna Bergendahl was born in Hagersten in Sweden. She first came to fame in the Swedish TV talent show Idol in 2008 (which also featured another future Eurovision artist, Robin Bengtsson).
Anna ultimately finished 5th in Idol 2008, and that helped her launch her music career. After signing a record deal in 2009, Anna went on to take part in Melodifestivalen 2010 with the song “This Is My Life“. She won on her first attempt, coming second with the juries in the final but winning the televote with over 363,000 votes.
Anna went on to perform the song at Eurovision in Oslo in 2010. Sadly, Anna did not make it to the final and holds in the inenviable record of being the only Swedish Eurovision act to date not to qualify for the final.
Anna continued to release new music, but it was relatively quiet until her surprise return to Melodifestivalen in 2019 with “Ashes to Ashes“. Anna initially qualified for the Andra Chansen round, before making it to the final. Once again Anna did better with the televoters rather than the juries, getting over 1.1million votes. But sadly that wasn’t enough to win, with Anna finishing 10th out of 12th in the final.
Previous performers at Eurofest:
- Eye Cue – March 2019
- Krista Siegfrids – January 2019
- Ace Wilder – October 2018
- Euroband – August 2018
- Nanne Gronvall – March 2018
- Rebeka Dremelj – January 2018
- Poli Genova – October 2017
- Dinah Nah – April 2017
- Magnus Carlsson – January 2017
- DQ – July 2016
- Martin Fitch and Karl William Lund – April 2016
- Linda Martin – January 2016
- Sestre – November 2015
- Chiara – July 2015
- Valentina Monetta – April 2015
- Suzy – January 2015
- Kati Wolf – November 2014
- Linda Bengtzing – August 2014
- Conchita Wurst – April 2014
- Lindsay Dracass – January 2014
- Velvet – November 2013
- Hera Bjork – July 2013
- Omar Naber – April 2013
- Shirley Clamp – July 2012
- Nicki French – April 2012
- Hazell Dean – January 2012