Rebeka Dremelj is well-known in Slovenia, frequently appearing on TV and in magazines.
Rebeka first came into the spotlight in 2001 when she was selected to be Miss Slovenia, having the chance to represent her country at Miss World.
That seems to have started something in wanting to represent her country in international competitions. Shortly after Miss World, Rebeka started taking part in EMA – Slovenia’s competition to choose their song for Eurovision. Rebeka performed unsuccessfully in EMA in three consecutive years from 2004 to 2006 with her songs “Ne boš se igral“, “Pojdi z menoj” and “Noro se ujameva“.
Rebeka had a year off EMA in 2007 and then came back with a Balkan schlager stomper, “Vrag naj vzame” which won EMA 2008 and sent Rebeka to once again represent her country, this time at Eurovision in Belgrade.
Rebeka performed in the first semi-final in Eurovision 2008. Despite a memorable performance (including a costume reveal and leading her backing dancers around on a collar and lead) she didn’t quite make it to the final, finishing an agonising 11th.
Rebeka continues to release hits in Slovenia and is a frequent face in the media.
Previous performers at Eurofest:
- Poli Genova – October 2017
- Dinah Nah – April 2017
- Magnus Carlsson – January 2017
- DQ – July 2016
- Martin Fitch and Karl William Lund – April 2016
- Linda Martin – January 2016
- Sestre – November 2015
- Chiara – July 2015
- Valentina Monetta – April 2015
- Suzy – January 2015
- Kati Wolf – November 2014
- Linda Bengtzing – August 2014
- Conchita Wurst – April 2014
- Lindsay Dracass – January 2014
- Velvet – November 2013
- Hera Bjork – July 2013
- Omar Naber – April 2013
- Shirley Clamp – July 2012
- Nicki French – April 2012
- Hazell Dean – January 2012